Monday, 16 November 2009

Mussolini Says: "Room for Improvement"

16/11/09

I got the super-early 07:06 train in the morning. I suspect that when you are travelling that early there are less problems, since delays are probably passed on from one train to the next, all adding up to a real watch-melter later in the day.


That's just a pet theory of mine. I have lots, when it comes to trains...

On the way home, the 17:43 was delayed until 17:49 (that's the time it actually started pulling away from the platform - as stated on Central Station's own clock. I call this 'Translink Time' because it has a tendency to contract and expand in a different way to time as you and I experience it).

Not exactly a crime against humanity. But not on time.


Mussolini's verdict - "Could do better."


Personal time wasted on this journey: 6 mins
Cumulative personal time wasted by Translink: 94 mins
Total cost of my delayed journeys to the economy: £20.21
Frustration factor: Barely even raised an eyebrow


No comments:

Post a Comment